Friday, November 7, 2014

HAND MADE PAPER ROSE TOPIARY TREE WITH CLOSE TO MY HEART ART PHILOSOPHY CRICUT CARTRIDGE


I just had to make one of these hand made Rose Topiary Tree's.
Thank goodness for Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge because I was able to cut out 160 die cut roses to quill to create my Topiary Tree.  It just made it so much easier
to cut the quantity of roses I needed to complete the Tree.
If you have a cricut machine and you just love making 3D projects and accessorising them
then I highly recommend the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. Just click on the link to checkout the great value of this fantastic cartridge and while your there checkout our other exclusive Cricut cartridges that are only available through Close To My Heart.
Did you know our Cricut cartridges are the only ones that match our exclusive stamp sets, so if you love Cardmaking and scrapbooking as well as artbooking and other 3D projects then these 4 cartridge collections are a must have to any Cricut Cartridge collection.


I started with a 40mm foam craft ball from Spotlight.  After i cut out all 160 cricut cut died roses, i made them up using the ctmh - close to my heart quilling tool and liquid glass.  Drawing a line in pencil around the centre of the foam ball.  I did my first layer of roses, glued with a hot glue gun, did a complete row of roses, so that the roses were in the centre and will lay the way for further rows.
Then i added a row of roses to either side of the first row of adhered roses and continued on from there until all of the ball was completely covered with the rolled roses. Remembering to leave a hole on the bottom of the ball uncovered to insert a peice of dowling to make the tree stem.

This is the ball completed.


Ive used a pottery 30mm pot and saucer from the hardware shop and decorated it.  Remember to feed your stick of dowling through the base of the pot and hot glue gun it to the saucer, then slide the pot back down and hot glue gun the pot to the saucer as well.  This will secure the pot, dowling and saucer together.  When adhering the completed ball to dowling.  Firstly push the dowl into the ball to create the hole, the half fill the hole with melted hot glue and then place the ball onto the dowling.  This will for longevity adhere the tree and pot together

No comments:

Post a Comment