Sunday, May 10, 2015

MIXED MEDIA CARDMAKING WITH CLOSE TO MY HEART - CTMH PRODUCTS - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY CARDS - CRICUT CUT STENCILS


Happy Mother's Day everyone.  Here's the card i made to give my mum today.
Im just loving incorporating mixed media with my Close To My Heart Products.  Above I started with our basic white card from our White Value Pack of cards and envelopes.  So that the card held the weight of the mixed media, I layered it with 2 layers of alternative colours in this instance i used Kraft and Glacier so the colours would co ordinate with the papers.  The final layer of paper is our new limited release Blossoms Paper Packet 
(Comes with Card stock which you can use as your base layering).
Next - I needed to cut out my stencil. Using my Cricut Expressions 2 and Close To My Heart - CTMH Artbooking Cricut collections cardtridge  I chose the arrow stencil to place over my Blossoms paper and covered it in home made texture paint and then set it aside to dry.
Next came time to cut out my Cricut Die Cut roses.  Using Close To My Heart Artiste and Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridges I cut out an assortment of cricut  cut roses in different shapes. Rolled them and adhered them with ctmh liquid glass.  I also cut out the stamp shape with the Art Philosophy cartridge.  Close to My Heart have a huge range of charms from our Base N Bling range and i have chosen a few to accent the card.  I filled some of CTMH Spray pens with water and Reinkers in selected colours to match the Blossoms paper, colours used are Pear, Sorbet and Glacier.
Before placing the flowers and charms  I stamped the Die Cut chip board shape with the Co Ordinating Mum stamp from the gorgeous Flowers for Mum stamp set, still available while stocks last.  All flowers and charms were coloured before attaching them to the shape.  The texture paste should be dried by now and you can paint on your choice of colours from the reinkers without diluting them.


No comments:

Post a Comment