Friday, May 1, 2015

MIXED MEDIA WITH CLOSE TO MY HEART - CTMH PRODUCTS AND CRICUT ART PHILOSOPHY AND ARTBOOKING - FREE RECIPES


Did you know that Mixed Media Projects goes hand in hand with Close To My Heart ?
If you love Scrapbooking, Cardmaking 
and 3D projects, then why not incorporate mixed media into them.
Below are some simple recipes to help get you started and to save you plenty 
of money along the way.

CTMH - Close To My heart have 40 different coloured ink refillers.

Using a spritzer bottle or our fabulous SPRAY PENS  and Re Inkers
mix the colour of choice and water together in the spray pens to create
a Ink spritzer.  When using our spray pens put 3 drops of ink in the spray pen, fill
with water and mix well.  If using larger bottles, 100ml spray bottles, I add
20 drops of ink refiller in each bottle.  I like a rich colour, if you prefer 
a more water colour look use less drops of your Re Inker.
TIP:  Label your Spray Pen with the name of the colour because once they mixed in the water
its quite difficult to identify the colour.


Do you make your own Stencils ?

Using your very Own Close To My Heart Cricut Cartridges and Cricut Machine
you can make your own Mixed Media stencils.
Here's how !!!!!!!!!!!!

Using 2 laminating pouches, put one inside the other and put through a laminating machine.
This will create a very thick plastic.  Adhere the double laminated pouches to a new or near
new 12 x 12 Cricut Mat.  I used my Artbooking Cricut collection cartridge to cut out these stencils.


In my creation below, i have used our rolled paper roses which i used the Close To My Heart
Cricut Collection Art Philosophy to cut out the roses and letters.  I encorporated CTMH Base N Bling Charms, Embellishments and assortments, Heart strings paper packet. Ivy Lane assortments and much more.  Mixed media is a great way of using up all your odd bits and bobs, scraps of paper, especially when you hate to throw any out.



No comments:

Post a Comment